Installing Fascias and Soffits
At Plastic Supplies Direct we hold large quantities of all Freefoam Fascia, Soffit and Rainwater systems. This allows us to offer great quality UK made products with quick dispatch.
Here are some handy tips to help you choose the correct Freefoam fascia for your requirements:
Storage and Handling prior to fitting:
- Store all fascias, soffits and any trim lengths on a flat surface. These should not be propped up against anything or bent
- Stack boards no higher than 1m
- Avoid contact with and paint, solvents, bitumen, creosote, etc
- All coloured products should not be stored in direct sunlight as this could cause heat distortion
Cutting Fascia & Soffit Boards:
- Use standard carpentry tools
- Power tools can be used when run at the appropriate speed for timber
- Nail and screw holes do no need to be pre-drilled
Which board should you choose?
New Build or Full Replacement
These boards require no backing board and are self-supporting. These should be fixed with Plastops colour matching nails (N65).
The thickness of the full replacement boards are as follows:
- FMS Magnum Square Leg fascia: 18mm
- FMO Magnum Ogee fascia: 18mm
- FMR Magnum Round Nose fascia: 18mm
- FMF Magnum Flat fascia: 16mm
Cover Over (Cap Over)
These boards are designed to be placed over the existing fascia and bargeboard that are in sound condition. They can also be used with a backing board in refurbishment work.
The thickness of the capping boards are as follows:
Once you have chosen your fascia, you will need to choose the appropriate nails and accessories to complete you installation....
Pins and Nails
Here is a table showing which pins and nails should be used with which boards:
|N50||Capping Boards: FW & FO||White 600mm
|N65||Full Replacement and New Build Boards: FMS, FMO,FMR & FMF||White 600mm
|P30 & P40||Soffit||White 600mm
|CP30||Hollow Soffit||White 600mm
Accessories and Trims
Here is a table showing which accessories and trims should be used with which boards:
|Accessory||Capping Board: FW Plain Fascia||Capping Board: FO Ogee Fascia||Full Replacement: FMF Flat Fascia||Full Replacement: FMO Ogee Fascia||Full Replacement: FMR Round Nose Fascia||Full Replacement: FMS Square Leg Fascia|
|Joiner||FWJ & FWJJ||FOJ & FOJJ||FFMJJ||FOJ & FOJJ||FMRJJ||FWJ & FWJJ|
|External Corner||FWX & FWXX||FOX & FOXX||FFMXX||FOX & FOXX||FMRXX||FWX & FWXX|
Codes above show all codes for white board only. All trims are also available in the following Woodgrain colours:
- Black Ash (WGB)
- Rosewood (WGR)
- Light Oak (WGO)
- Mahogany (WGM)
- Anthracite Grey (WGA)
If you need any help in choosing Fascia and Soffits, feel free to drop us an email with your requirements.